8.13.2013

inspiring women . blogging

the things i read make me empowered & inspired to be a better person, sister, friend, daughter, & follower of Christ. i want to share with you some of the wonderful people & beautiful words they have said that touched my heart & soul.

let's start with the best & the one that continues to inspire me with her words that bless me. (:
Jane K. {NAM Miss California Teen 2013-14} 
first let me tell you how i know this amazing person!!! we met at girl scout camp, DDC, we officially met this year, on accident??, then i realized she might not come bac to camp. this wonderful elf was leaving & i had yet to tell her just how much she means to camp & me. so i wrote her a letter, 2 actually, & made her cry {not on purpose, haha}. ever since that day we have been in contact, she has been such a blessing & an amazing role model!

before i go into a lovely message from her, here is a beautiful post from her blog.
{i am going to say "side notes" in {} & write what she said out side of them...} i am ALWAYS here for you. {she hsa said this many times, & i have questioned her about it. i know it is hard to be there for someone but, she is so honest & wonderful about it. i love knowing that a geuniune person is there for me. she is THE best!} i am so proud of you! {first of all, 4 times!!! i am so blessed to have such an incredible person in my life be proud of me. every time she sends it my heart fills up & i cry. i can't lie, she inspires me & i can only pray to be at least half the incredible person she is!!}

Emma {tumblr}
I’m always here if you need anything! {these words can be said/typed so easily but, it is even hard for someone to mean it. she meant it. (:} her words are just beautiful, you should check out her tumblr HERE

Lauren {tumblr}
The life of a woman who possesses true femininity is italicized by true beauty. This beauty is fixed on what is eternal, authentic, & pure. True femininity is committed to displaying this rare version of beauty in every aspect of her life because it calls attention to Christ instead of her.
True femininity deals with insecurity by making much of Christ, whose identity she bears. She trusts that he defines her rather than requiring the fickle affirmation of others, who can only offer futile words & fleeting pity.
True femininity is uninterested in the world’s approval; deaf to their commentary. Her eyes are fixed & her ears are attuned heavenward—interested solely in the guidance & approval of Jesus.
LINK to read the rest....{it's beautiful}

I can’t help but take a deep breath and roll my eyes when the typical first kiss scene plays out and we all wait to find out if there’s a “spark” (translation: the kiss turned them on enough that they’d like it to happen again.) Okay, let me give you a little TMI… I have had the honor of experiencing a couple knock-your-socks-off, holy-crap-is-this-really-happening, that “can’t-eat, can’t-sleep, reach-for-the-stars, over-the-fence, World Series kind of stuff” kisses. But for those who have never been kissed and for those who buy into “the spark,” I have news for you. This climatic moment of blissful chemistry is, in reality, lust that releases endorphins and simultaneously feeds hope into your emotions, leading you to believe that a mere kiss has the power to foreshadow true love. I’d like to call bullshit. How can I be so sure? Because my first kiss with Charles was a disaster (I wish you knew how much I am not exaggerating right now). If the spark does mean something, I’d like your superstitious antics to explain how Charles and I started dating two months later and have successfully loved each other through our sixteen months (and counting) together. Nicholas Sparks (wow, what a coincidence…or is it?) is doing an incredible job of cultivating false hope in the hearts of vulnerable girls, sealed with a kiss and delivered with a lie. Let me take another deep breath before I get ghetto. The life-long socialization of chick-flicks has made me a little angsty.
LINK to read the rest..

truly wonderful people & powerful women! thank you for inspiring & blessing me, no THE WORLD with you words & beautiful soul! (:

xoxo- CC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for me & you'll receive a surprise!