10.27.2012

DIY | Feather headband

So this Halloween my costume needs a few "accessories" & I wanted to make one of them. It is a simple & super cute feather head band! I decided that it would be easiest & cheapest to make it myself. I wanted a little bit of a challenge and a fun thing to do over the weekend! I wanted to share it with all of you! You can adjust the colors & feathers you use. I choose these because the pink went with my dress & the black went with my high heels & the gold was just a fun extra bit!

Here we go!
Feather headband approx. 5-10 min.

1st.....
You get all you supplies {I went to Joann's & got a tiny bag of little feathers, the pink & gold, then another baggie with just one big black feather. I also got a roll of elastic, sequined, gold "string"; you can also choose how thick you would like it to be.}
2nd....
You measure your head/the "subjects" head, you can also messager a headband that you have that fits you well. {Turn on the hot glue gun after this step.}

3rd
You cut the elastic a little bit less than the size you measured. It will stretch, you want that.
4th
You can now hot glue the two ends together. I used hot glue & it worked perfectly, you can also sew the ends together. No matter what you will need the hot glue. :)

5th
Now that you have your beautiful, basic, headband, you can now start to design you long sort & medium feathers {I used one big black feather & one medium gold feather with four little pink ones.}

6th
You can, once you have arranged the feathers, hot glue them together.

7th
Now you are ready for the final step hot glue the headband & feathers together! Now the beautiful final product!




I hope you are all having a great fall & a fun weekend! Now I am off to bake some pumpkin bread & go shoe shopping! {FYI: I want my costume to be a surprise, I think/ hope you know that I decided not to be Mary Poppins. haha}

lovehailey

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I was like waaait you were going to be Mary Poppins! haha but the headband looks so cool! I can't wait to see your costume!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep! Last minuteish change but, I love this costume! Thanks

      Delete

Leave a comment for me & you'll receive a surprise!