7.26.2012

Why do people do such bad things?

So. This is an honesty post.  Bare with me, please.

 I know I have done lots of little bad things in my time but, never have I encouraged something so bad it is a common cause of death...

Now, here comes the toughest part of the post. I came across a certain entry today which happened to be a Pro-Ana blog. If you are not familiar with this, it is encouraging Anorexia. And this was a man.  I was appalled.  If you are reading this right now, I am sorry, but I refuse to give you a presence on my blog. (Even if it is just through a small pin on my map). Now if it was your recovery process you were documenting, that would be all well and good, inspirational to some even. But when you are encouraging the habits that are destroying the lives of  as many as 10 million females and 1 million males, that is simply not acceptable.

If you would like to leave a nasty anonymous comment, go ahead.  If you would like to e-mail me personally, go ahead. Either way, I will not promote such behavior.  I know you are suffering, but please stop publicizing this.

3 comments:

  1. Sad...... That puts me in utter shock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! It was just appalling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other
    ."Beauty Write For Us" blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for me & you'll receive a surprise!